Pain is a common problem, with back pain causing many people to experience disabling effects. Up to 45% of people experience back pain at least once a year. Chronic pain affects at least 5% of the population. Many of these people consult chiropractic care as a solution to help relieve their symptoms.
What Is Chiropractic Care?
A chiropractic clinic that offers this type of medical service can help patients experience relief in various pains.
Most people who visit a clinic for chiropractic care will have spinal problems. This makes the treatment especially popular for patients with back pain. Symptoms in the lower back area can be treated through back adjustments.
There are other pain symptoms that can also be effectively alleviated with help from a doctor of chiropractic services. This includes shoulder pain and neck pain.
Chiropractic care primarily includes spinal manipulation. The treatment is sometimes referred to as chiropractic manipulation.
Areas, where joint movement is limited, will be targeted through these sessions. The ultimate goal is to help improve the function of the joints in the area. Chiropractic care is also known to promote the general well-being of the joint in the treated area.
Chiro adjustments form part of the complementary and alternative medicine field. The primary mechanisms involved in this treatment is manual therapy. Soft tissues, joints, and the spine can all be manipulated through this type of manual therapy.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Patients are able to experience a variety of benefits when they opt for chiropractic care. The specific benefits can differ from one patient to the next. It really depends on the symptoms the patient experience and the underlying problems.
Some of the benefits that patients are generally able to get through chiropractic care include:
- Joint health and function are improved.
- The manipulation helps to improve the mobility of joints too.
- Muscle strength is enhanced.
- Tight muscles become loose.
- Joint degeneration may be slowed.
- The practice is known to calm the mind down.
- Ongoing inflammatory responses are reduced.
- The natural recovery process of the body becomes faster and more effective.
- Joint pain in the back, neck, and shoulders are reduced.
- The immune system becomes healthier.
- The therapy may enhance athletic performance.
It has also been found that a regular chiropractic session may be a great way to reduce the effects of stress on both the mind and body. While not a specific relaxation strategy, a lot of people do feel calmer after undergoing a chiropractic care session.
Who Can Benefit from Chiropractic Care?
Many people are able to benefit from a regular session with a doctor of chiropractic services.
The most obvious patients who can benefit are those with back pain issues. The manipulation of the spine helps to improve joint health and reduce muscle tightness. This is a great way to reduce pain symptoms – and gives the patient better mobility in their spine at the same time.
There are many other people who can also benefit, such as:
- Pregnant women may find that prenatal discomfort is reduced with back adjustments.
- Athletes often undergo chiropractic care to help speed up the recovery of their muscles and boost their physical performance.
- People with arthritis can also benefit from this therapy, as it helps to improve joint health and may reduce the rate at which the disease causes a degeneration of joint tissues.
- People who suffer from conditions that affect nerve function may benefit from chiropractic services too. The therapy has also been shown to assist in improving nerve function, ensuring nerve impulses are carried through the body more effectively.
Some people also use chiropractic services to help experience the general benefits. This includes those with a lot of stress, as well as people with sleep problems, those who find that they lack energy, and people with disabilities caused by pain in the spine and back areas.
Chiropractic Clinic in Toronto
If you experience stiffness or pain in your back, neck, and shoulders, you could be suffering from spinal problems. Sometimes, simple manipulations of your spine and related soft tissue can help you experience a significant level of relief.
Don Valley Health and Wellness offers a family chiropractic service that helps you find relief through a safe treatment option. Give us a call to learn more and to book your appointment.
Contact us today to make your appointment with our chiropractors.