Chiropractic is a field of healthcare that emphasizes on differential diagnosis, patient-centred care and research, with a focus on the spine and musculoskeletal health. Chiropractors assess disorders related to the spine, nervous system & joints and provide diagnoses and treatments for these disorders.
The primary goal of chiropractic manipulation also referred to as chiropractic adjustment, is to treat areas of decreased movement in the joints, thereby reducing pain and increasing joint function to help improve overall health.
Why chiropractic adjustment?
- Reduce headaches
- Stimulate the immune system
- Manage gastrointestinal issues
- Alleviate allergies and asthma
- Ease pregnancy
- Lower dependence on medications
- Mitigate chronic pain
- Normalize blood pressure
How to prepare for a chiropractic treatment?
Before you visit the chiropractor, make a list of your goals and needs. Be specific about the parts you want to be treated. Write down relevant information about your medical history. Also, carry any medications that you might be taking. Wear comfortable clothes for an easy treatment.
What to expect at a chiropractic clinic?
A chiropractor will first diagnose the patient and understand the symptoms and conditions. Few neurological and orthopedic tests will be done to assess the range of motion, muscle strength and muscle movement. In few cases, X-Rays and MRI scans are also done. After the diagnostic tests, the therapist will assess the parts to be treated and will decide which techniques should be used for an effective treatment.
What are the chiropractic techniques used?
- Active release technique involves a hands-on approach. The therapist uses his or her hands to assess the texture and tightness of the muscles. With specific movements on the muscles, ligaments and tendons, the knots and adhesions are broken.
- Graston technique is a manual therapy which uses instruments to massage or scrape the skin. It breaks scar tissues and reduces restrictions.
- Spinal decompression stretches lengthen the spine and relieve it of pressure. This therapy treats back pain, neck pain and headaches. Spine conditions like herniated discs and spinal stenosis are also treated. After the pressure is taken off the spine structure, there is a better flow of blood, water, oxygen and other nutrient-rich fluids.
What to do after the chiropractic session?
After a chiropractic adjustment, make sure you do not strain yourself with any physical activity. The best thing to do is to go home and relax. Observe changes in your posture. Make a re-visit to your chiropractor after 24-48 hours to gain a better understanding of the recovery process.
Chiropractic adjustment treats all the ailments which we usually ignore or consider less harmful. It treats acute pain which hinders our everyday activities. With chiropractic treatment, you tend to enjoy a better and more active lifestyle. One can restore their normal functioning with increased vigour and also avoid injuries.
Contact us today to make your appointment with our chiropractors. .