Chiropody and Foot Care
Chiropody deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of abnormalities related to feet and limbs. Chiropodists employ therapeutic, orthotics or palliative means to treat their patients. They also help in preventing foot disorders among vulnerable people like diabetics and arthritis patient.
A Chiropodist can help you with:
- Ingrown toenails
- Fungal nail or skin conditions
- Foot/Ankle, Hip/Knee or Back pain
- Corns and calluses
- Plantar warts
- Diabetic wound care
- Arthritic foot care
- Bunions and other toe deformities
- Dry and cracked skin
- Congenital fit deformities
- Neuromas and peripheral neuropathies
- Sport injury and repetitive strain injuries
We also prescribe custom made orthotics.
How to prepare for a chiropody session?
- Make a list of your symptoms so that you can easily communicate your problem to the therapist.
- Bring your medications, if any, along with any medical reports.
- If you are having trouble walking or exercising while wearing a particular pair of shoes, bring them with you so that the therapist can look at them.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow easy access to your feet and calves.
There are also things you should refrain from doing before you visit a chiropody clinic. Please do not pedicure your feet. Painted toenails can interfere with a correct diagnosis.
Contact us today to make your make an appointment with our chiropodist at our foot clinic.