Don Valley Health and Wellness Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation Centre is a total wellness practice dedicated to natural, holistic healing.
Our team of professionals at Don Valley Health and Wellness Centre encompasses a complete-self approach to health and wellness, understanding that acute illness is often caused by chronic conditions.
To facilitate the process of healing, we offer a variety of services:
- Naturopathy – This practice embraces natural and alternative medicine as well as lifestyle changes in lieu of pharmaceuticals to treat chronic conditions like headaches, hormonal imbalance, and obesity.
- Physiotherapy – A physiotherapist provides patient education, treatment, and rehabilitation from sports, automobile, or other injuries.
- Massage therapy – Regular, professional massage promotes lymph circulation, less stress, and reduced muscle pain.
- Chiropractic services – Chiropractors manually manipulate the spine to improve movement and reduce pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
- Chiropody – Diagnosing and treating problems of the foot, ankles, and limbs, a chiropodist can get you back on your feet when pain or mobility issues are impacting your life.
- Acupuncture – Using sterilized needles to hit specific points throughout the skin, acupuncture can help with a variety of conditions, from chronic pain to depression.
- Psychotherapy and Counseling – There may never have been a better time to have a professional therapist with whom to discuss your life. The majority of chronic mental health concerns people face can be treated with psychotherapy and clinical counseling, and we offer virtual consultation as well.
We carry a wide variety of products that work in tandem with our professional services to increase your mobility, reduce pain, and improve your posture, including:
- Custom orthotic inserts to reduce strain on your back, legs, and feet.
- Compression hosiery to improve blood flow and reduce the effects of chronic venous disorders (CVD).
- Orthopedic shoes and footwear to support your orthotic inserts and ensure the best possible results when using them.
- Custom-made knee and back braces to provide support, reduce pain, and stabilize your joints.
- TENS units to non-invasively reduce muscle and joint pain through electrical nerve stimulation.
We are currently accepting new patients at our location on Danforth, in the Riverdale neighborhood, with convenient nearby access to the TTC via the Pape subway station. Additionally, we offer virtual consultations as well as remote counseling and psychotherapy.
Our services are covered in the event of a motor vehicle accident, as well as through extended health plans and Workplace Safety And Insurance Board (WSIB) programs.
By approaching health treatment through a holistic approach, our staff can provide lasting healing and dramatically improve your quality of life. Pain doesn’t need to be something you just live with; contact the Don Valley Health & Wellness Physiotherapy & Sports Rehabilitation Centre to take the first step to better wellbeing.
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. F. Mastrogiacomo oversees medical treatments and physiotherapy regimens, which have all been designed to help prevent or correct disorders of the bones and associated muscles and joints.
Integrated health network of in-house professional staff provides a team approach to your treatment.
Allied healthcare provider for employee extended healthcare benefit plans, WSIB (Workers’ Safety Insurance Board), and Ontario Auto Insurers (motor vehicle accidents).
Comprehensive list of services and flexible scheduling make it easy and convenient to access a variety of treatments at one location – just steps from the subway.
Extensive library of health information for a variety of conditions and treatments, including helpful diagrams, videos and downloadable brochures.
Free, confidential consultation regarding your treatment and insurance coverage will help ensure you are getting the best value for your health benefits.