Some Benefits of Physiotherapy You May Not Be Aware of.
Can you touch your toes without bending your knees? Can you stretch so flexibly that you feel alive in your entire body?
Strange questions, right? You might not realize it, but you probably did all this when you were younger and lived a more flexible and carefree life.
Now, in your everyday hustle bustle of a fast-paced urban life, what you tend to forget is that these little things can help you stay active and healthy, feeling alive and energetic even as you grow old.
What comes as an interesting fact is that physiotherapy and electrotherapy can actually help you do this and much more if taken seriously. So here are a few benefits of Physiotherapy that you might not be aware of, which we hope, will encourage you to see a physiotherapist to improve your quality of life.
- Improves cardio-respiratory function: Physiotherapy improves the quality of your life by regulating your circulatory system and strengthening your lungs through breathing exercises. It helps clear fluid in the lungs.
- Improves balance and coordination: Recovering from an injury or a condition can leave you feeling weak and disoriented. Physiotherapy and electrotherapy can help you regain functionality in your body and improve your body coordination and balance.
- Benefits beyond rehabilitation: Who said you could approach a physiotherapist only when you’ve met with an accident or suffered a stroke? It is true that physiotherapy primarily and effectively works for rehabilitation from strokes, heart attacks or accidents, but it is also true that anybody suffering from any kind of musculoskeletal pain from minor injuries, lifestyle disorders or conditions caused due to your profession and workplace like pain in the neck, back, wrists, shoulders etc. could use physiotherapy for their benefit. You do not need a prescription to visit a physiotherapist. If you observe that your range of motion has decreased and it is stiffening and causing pain in your muscles due to workplace injury, you can book an appointment and recover from your ailments before it gets out of control.
- It can help you avoid invasive treatments: If identified early on and treated well, physiotherapy can reduce the chances of you requiring an invasive treatment for your condition. Especially in the case of conditions related to your spine and back, some can be managed and treated by electrotherapy and other manual adjustment techniques.
- Manages chronic diseases: Physiotherapy helps you manage chronic diseases, like diabetes, hypertension, hyper/hypothyroidism, asthma and arthritis. Every chronic condition needs to be managed through physical activity and a proper diet along with the regular medication. You can benefit from physiotherapy exercises and electrotherapy by talking to your therapist and coming up with a plan for better management of your condition and improved lifestyle.
- Helps regain original capabilities: As mentioned right at the beginning of this blog, there were a lot of things you could do when you were younger because you were more flexible, mobile and energetic. Wouldn’t it be great if you could live all those cherished, happy moments again in the peak of your health? Physiotherapy helps you do just that. If not cartwheels and somersaults, you will be able to stretch and bend and do all that you loved to when you were younger.
After reading these benefits of physiotherapy, we hope you live a full and happy life, doing all that you wish to, to your heart’s satisfaction, and in the most flexible, injury-free, and healthy way possible.
With 20 years of experience, we at Don Valley Health and Wellness Center have an excellent team of doctors, therapists and a surgeon to help you understand your condition well and treat it with precision and in the most effective way possible. Visit us to know more.